Vocay is a leading executive search, recruitment and consulting firm specialised in the Recruitment profession in Asia. We partner with clients, from hyper growth startups to established Fortune 10 companies, to select and appoint recruiters using both contingent and retained solutions. We also help professionals navigate and advance their careers.
Since our founding 4 years ago, we have established a strong reputation as one of the leading consultancies in our specialism in Asia markets. We are excited to be expanding and we’re looking for a Graduate Recruitment Consultant or Researcher to join our team in Singapore.
Initially, your role will involve developing candidate networks in the recruitment to recruitment market and building relationships with middle to senior level recruiters. You will work closely with Cameron Smart, one of our directors, who will provide training both in sessions and on the job to support the transition into recruitment and your practice. The goal is for you to become a highly reputable and go-to recruiter for candidates.
As you progress, you will have an opportunity to transition into a 270/360 role (integrating account management and business development into your responsibilities) or remain in a 270 role. The opportunities are endless and we progress and reward people based on merit, not just tenure.
We are different from other agencies. We take a relationship-driven approach to recruitment and business. We do a lot of marketing work, such as articles and podcasts, that helps get our brand out there into the market, despite being a startup. In addition, we are forward-thinking. We are always trying and employing the latest technology to help recruiters focus on what matters, meeting people and developing relationships. Our cloud setup allows consultants to work fully remotely.
The environment at Vocay is entrepreneurial, professional and collaborative. It’s well suited for people who are ambitious, highly adaptable and commercial. We operate a modem, highly autonomous environment including flexible hours, early Friday finishes and a work from home scheme for recruiters who are on target. Our office is based at WeWork in Raffles Place.
For more information about careers at Vocay, visit our careers page.
- Be responsible for leading the identification and search process for candidates on a regional level, executing searches across Asia including Singapore and Hong Kong
- Identify and approach candidates for client mandates using a defined and methodological approach, ensuring the highest quality execution
- Monitor and track personal results to refine approach and improve conversion rates
- Capture, maintain and update accurate candidate information in the Vocay knowledge system and create reports for competitor analysis when we are conducting a retained search
- Liaise and support the consultant team throughout the processes of live deals
- Liaise with the consultant team to coordinate and arrange interviews between consultants, candidates and clients
- Consultative approach, desire to build strong rapport and long-lasting, trusting relationships with candidates and professionals (there will be lots of coffee chats, calls and even drinks after work with candidates!)
- Integrity, proactive, well-organised, analytical, ability to juggle multiple projects and good time management
- Collaborative, strong communication skills and a team player
- Entrepreneurial mindset and highly commercial, autonomy is given in return
- 1 – 2 years of recruitment agency, sales or business development experience in Singapore, but fresh grads are welcome to apply. We are open to the background of the candidate, as long as they have ambitious drive to build a successful career in recruitment
- Strong academic background, university educated
- Excellent, fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Entrepreneurial startup environment
- Training by experienced directors and entrepreneurs
- Flexible working environment concept and modern offices at WeWork in Raffles Place
- Flexible working hours and early Friday finish for target hitters
- Work from home scheme for target hitters
- Incentive activities including lunches, dinners, trips and other social events outside of a work setting
- Highly competitive commission scheme for those that are money hungry!